A bit of this and a bit of that from Donna’s did you know diary
Award winning sight loss coach, author and advocate
Welcome to my Donna’s did you know diary for December and pleased to share the following with you.
Here’s what I learned for this month.
- What are 2 possible foods that act as anti depressants?
According to some health experts, it is Turmeric and almonds
- All about frozen veggies versus fresh veggies:
It is cheaper to buy frozen veggies
*About fresh potatoes versus frozen potatoes:
It is cheaper to purchase fresh potatoes.
- Some tips on creating safe passwords:
Create passwords that are a combination of upper and lower case letters, symbols, and numbers.
A good suggestion would be to make your password as a phrase.
- Some not to forget tips to deal with the flu season and Covid!
Wash your hands.
Watch your distance.
Wear your mask.
- Some useful tips when dealing with stale bread:
Put a bit of stale bread in your cookie jar to keep your cookies fresh.
Use when making stuffing.
Give as food to the birds.
If you want to refresh a stale donut then just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and presto! Your donut is as good as new!
- Some very interesting medical news for consideration!
According to Chen-Hui Chen, from Duke, University, “The human body has some limited regenerative abilities such as the liver. When part of the liver is removed or destroyed, the remaining portion grows to the original size and allows the liver to function as it did before. The medical term for this is “compensatory hypertrophy.”
Our kidneys, pancreas, thyroid, adrenal glands, and lungs will also compensate for organ loss.
- When taking antibiotics pay attention to these tips.
Avoid dairy products such as butter, cheese, and milk.
Drink lots of water.