on the AppleVis website. Below, you’ll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by members of the community –
from new app entries, to app updates, to the latest news and podcasts.
We are pleased to highlight the newest apps.
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
- DDHeroes – Dragon Dungeon (iOS/iPadOS, Free) The DDHeroes is a turn based strategy war game. Heroes running around the map with creatures in their armies, battling other creatures and hero armies, gaining experience and learning new skills, collecting resources and artifacts, capturing mines and castles and building improvements to existing castles in order to produce and hire more powerful creatures. Usually the aim is to rule the world by defeating all other heroes and capturing all of their castles. A player can have multiple heroes either running or sailing around the map or garrisoned in a castle. Each adventure turn (consisting of you and AI moves) is represented as a single day, and days are organized into cycles of weeks and months. At the start of each week, creature dwellings produce new recruits, and in most cases neutral armies will increase in size. The primary resource is gold, which is generated by towns on a daily basis. Gold alone is sufficient for obtaining basic buildings and most creatures. As construction progresses, increasing amounts of secondary resources such as wood, ore, gems, crystal, sulfur, and mercury are required. These resources, as well as gold, are produced at mines and other secondary structures, which are located on the map and require heroes to capture them. As with towns, mines can also be captured by enemy heroes, presenting an additional avenue for conflict. Combat occurs on a hexagonal grid battlefield, and turn-based too. Creatures in an army are represented by unit stacks, each of which consists of a single type of creature, in any quantity. Five of stacks are available to each army, and army morale suffers with mixing incompatible unit types. Several random factors affect combat result, and hero abilities, artifacts and spells influence a unit’s luck and morale ratings. A unit that triggers good luck deals more or receives less damage, and a unit that triggers high morale receives an extra chance to attack. Heroes do not act as units, and cannot be harmed. Surrendering allows the player to keep the remaining units intact after paying a heavy price in gold. The strategy logic and user interactive concept are inspired by the original Jon Van Caneghem’s Heroes of Might and Magic II. Most maps in the game come from public domain generated by fans and licensed by the creative commons license or free to use license. Let’s start playing with the following features: 6 types of castles/heroes, 4 primary skills, 14 secondary skills, over 70 spells/artifacts/structures, 9 terrain types and 66 creatures.
Current Version: 1.1.6 (March 28, 2022)
Read DDHeroes – Dragon Dungeon’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/ddheroes-dragon-dungeon-hero
Visit DDHeroes – Dragon Dungeon’s App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ddheroes-dragon-dungeon-hero/id1563928427
- Talk Compass (iOS/iPadOS, Free) This compass app lets you know that cardinal directions and ordinal directions by voice. You can adjust speaking rate, volume and sound effects.
Current Version: 1.1 (November 21, 2020)
Read Talk Compass’ AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/navigation/talk-compass
Visit Talk Compass’ App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/%E9%9F%B3%E5%A3%B0%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%82%B9/id1540530352
- Vision: for blind people (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Vision uses Artificial Intelligence in real time to identify objects, money, colors, approximate distances, read text and more; all through your phone’s camera. It’s optimized for working with VoiceOver in 35 languages. First, please verify that your phone is not muted. Then, when you choose one feature, move the camera slowly in some directions to scan your surroundings. Vision has 7 features:
- Objects: Phone will detect one or more simultaneous objects and their position (at the same time), and say you about it.
- Read: The app will read text in real-time from camera image, you can also take a photo, or chose one from the camera roll. Any text will be read for you.
- Money: The app will identify United States Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, South Korean Won, Turkish Lira, United Kingdom Pound Sterling, New Taiwan Dollar, Chinese Yuan, Brazilian Real, Swiss Franc, Russian Ruble, Mexican Peso, Chilean Peso, Malaysian Ringgit, Hong Kong Dollar, Thai Baht, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Indonesian Rupiah, Australian Dollar, Indian Rupee, Argentine Peso, Colombian Peso, Qatari Riyal.
- Explore: Find places of your interest in the search bar and phone will help you for navigate to them.
- Colors: Phone will identify color by taking a photo, or from your camera roll images.
- Distance: Phone will vibrate according to distance measurement, stronger vibration means shorter distance. Activate VoiceOver if you want to hear the distance in meters.
- Places: the application will detect places and scenes such as crosswalk zones, fire escapes, parking lots and more.
Current Version: 3.11 (March 1, 2022)
Read Vision: for blind people’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/productivity/vision-blind-people
Visit Vision: for blind people’s App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vision-for-blind-people/id1444693229
- WebOutLoud – Text to Speech Web, PDF Reader (iOS/iPadOS/Mac, Free With In-App Purchases)
WebOutLoud is the smartest text-to-speech web reader on The App Store. Now with premium voices from Amazon Polly and Google Cloud, offline capabilities, desktop integration, iCloud sync and Dark Mode, you can save articles or e-novels to read later, or listen to them one after another in a playlist.
No Longer Limited to Websites!
- Use WebOutLoud to listen to PDFs–it highlights words as it reads.
- Use WebOutLoud to read aloud any text on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scan documents with your camera with state-of-the-art text recognition.
- Organize your saved content into collections.
Current Version: 3.11.0 (March 30, 2022)
Read WebOutLoud – Text to Speech Web, PDF Reader’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/productivity/weboutloud-text-speech-web-pdf-reader
Visit WebOutLoud – Text to Speech Web, PDF Reader’s App Store page https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/weboutloud-text-to-speech/id917672170
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple Watch https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=watch_directory
Apple TV https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=tv_directory