From the AppleVis November = newsletter
Welcome to the November = 2021 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly
Newsletter which highlights what’s new and = noteworthy on the AppleVis
website. = Below, you’ll find a selection of content posted to AppleVis by =
members of the community – from new = app entries, to app updates, to the
latest news and podcasts.
View in browser
https://www.applevis.com/newsletter/applevis-unl= imited-whats-new-and-noteworthy-November 2021
…. New and = Noteworthy App Entries
1. Try this = new and unmissable Escape Game format. This was originally designed to = be played in the car, in transport or at home on your smart = speakers.
You will discover very = unusual and surprising places: an abandoned hospital, a haunted mansion, = the Orient Express, a pyramidion, an oasis, a kofun, a fort on stilts, a = safe of seeds, a secret base. All located around the world: Asia, = Oceania, Africa, Europe, America.
Live the adventures in beautiful graphics and in = immersive and even stressful soundscapes.
Resolve the puzzle and discover the real place of the = Escape Room.
You have 3 minutes to = get out of each Escape Room. You can be helped by a clue in each of the = puzzles.
Be careful, each clue will = cost you time (30 seconds) and reduce your chances of finishing at the = top of the rankings.
You can also ask = the answer to the puzzle but this will destroy your chances of finishing = the Escape Room on time (it will cost you 1 minute)
Current Version: 1.1.0 (May 17, 2018)
Read Audio Escape Room’s AppleVis App Directory = entry for more information
Visit Audio Escape Room’s App Store page =
2. = Blind Mahjong (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Traditional Chinese Mahjong was made accessible to = everybody, including those who are blind or visually impaired. One = player can play the game offline. Up to four players can play online. It = is for all ages, allowing kids and adults to bond through playing = together. Enjoy all the improved memorization, concentration, strategic = thinking skills, and social skills that this relaxing game can bring = you!
• = Use of 136 tiles and most widely accepted = Chinese Mahjong rules
• = Full support to iOS’s screen reader = VoiceOver
• = High color contrast and large print for players = with low vision
• = Clean and easy-to-use = interface
• = Detailed how-to-play = instructions
• = Ability to play against computer players with = basic, proficient, or advanced skills
• = Ability to play and chat with friends online = (perfect for a group up to four)
• = One month free trial before a subscription is = required
Current Version: 1.2 (November 25, = 2021)
Read Blind Mahjong’s = AppleVis App Directory entry for more information =
Visit Blind Mahjong’s App Store page =
3. Blue = Badge Parking (iOS/iPadOS, Free)
This = app uses a database of parking locations by kind permission of Dan = Gibson at “BlueBadgeParking.com”. After the initial launch = of app, if you don’t have cellular connection it uses the last = version saved. When launched, app looks for nearest spaces to your = location based on the Search Radius selected in ‘Settings’ = (default 3 miles / 4.5kms).
• = The circular ‘Zoom’ button toggles = between 3 views, Zoom just nearby locations or your location & all = nearby locations & if a pin is selected then it zooms right into = just that location. The pin flag has a blue ‘i’ & if you = touch that a menu appears with Navigation Options.
• = In the main ‘Map’ tab, touch the = search box at the top & you can enter not only a Town or City but = also Post or Zip codes.
• = List tab: The list which is sorted so nearest = to you or if you used the search box then nearest that location is at = the top. Parking locations are within same Search Radius as Map. If your = location has changed then ‘pull’ list down ‘to = refresh’ distances & locations. If you would like to view a = particular location just touch description & ‘Map’ tab = opens with that location shown.
• = Settings tab: This tab lets you change the = search radius, distance units, enable / disable Beep Sounds, Delete = ‘Marked’ which has 4 options, Enable Shake feature, Disable = Screen Auto Lock, Larger Display changes size of text & some = controls, Zoom with Satellite view, display all Favourite in List Tab = & Shake in Map Tab which has 3 options. These settings are = remembered when the app is closed, ready for next time.
• = There are 3 functions that use the = ‘Shake’ facility which means when you shake your iDevice = firmly, it will trigger one of these
Current = Version: 1.0.26 (November 16, 2021)
Read Blue Badge Parking’s AppleVis App Directory = entry for more information
Visit Blue Badge Parking’s App Store = page
4. = CrimeHunter 2.0 (macOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Fight and platform your way through 10 levels of fun, = guided gently by a story behind the scenes! Redesigned from the ground = up in Python to be cross platform!
• = Rewritten from the ground up to be future proof = and compatible with Windows Defender.
• = Contains 10 multi-part levels of nonstop = action.
• = Arcade style, with lives!
• = unlockables once finishing the = game!
• = Inventory system.
• = Inteligent enemies jump over traps and target = the player, as well as each other and other objects on the = board.
• = Play on both Mac and Windows, with gameplay and = options specifically designed for each system.
• = Buy endless mode and compete against other = players on an online scoreboard!
• = Watch a semi inteligent AI play endless mode if = registered!
• = Create and share custom levels online! Note: = Uploading requires a registration key, but playing shared levels does = not.
Read CrimeHunter 2.0’s AppleVis App Directory = entry for more information
5. SkySafari 7 Pro (iOS/iPadOS, = US$24.99)
SkySafari makes stargazing = a simple pleasure. It has the largest database of any astronomy app, = includes every solar system object ever discovered, offers unparalleled = accuracy, advanced planning and logging tools, flawless telescope = control, and provides the very best experience under the stars when you = depend on it. Don’t postpone joy. Discover why SkySafari is the #1 = recommended astronomy app for serious amateur astronomers since = 2009.
Current Version: 7.0.2 (November 27, = 2021)
Read SkySafari 7 Pro’s = AppleVis App Directory entry for more information =
Visit SkySafari 7 Pro’s App Store page =
All recent = app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at: