Hello there and welcome to our monthly feature of all kinds of tips.
We at the business desk are pleased to bring you our monthly feature of a plethora of tips that cover a wide range of topics.
All of our tips are designed to help you save time, cut down on your research, and help you get ahead.
So go ahead and read on.
This week we bring you our monthly tips.
It’s what we do for a living! We help you to help yourself!
From the business desk team at http://www.sterlingcreations.com.
Follow us on Twitter @accessibleworld
Helpful tips for October 2022
In this issue:
Articles of the day
* Uses For Ammonia
From the pages of Donna’s travel diary
award winning sight loss coach and author
* Access to ordering online
Courtesy of the research team at http://www.sterlingcreations.ca
Scams of the month:
Before giving you our scam tips of the month, here are some very valueable tips.
You need to remember that scams come in the following formats:
As emails, as phone calls both recorded and via a live caller, and o yes! It can even show up at your door and in your mailbox.
And now they are targeting us through texts being sent to our cell phones.
Before giving you the latest scams making the rounds; we have some do nots to share with you.
Do not respond to emails that look strange to you.
Do not download attachments from unknown senders.
Do not share your username and password to your online banking and any other online payments facilities with anyone.
Do not give out any banking or personal details on the phone to unknown callers.
Do not pay any attention to threats from automated phone recordings or from live persons with regard to your credit card or that you owe money to any revenue agency.
Do not entertain any offers either via email or by phone from senders and callers offering incredible service packages as they may pertain to cable and tv services, prizes that you have won, or any sort of any type of service package.
Do not answer the door to unknown callers.
Take extra caution to make sure that the details of your credit cards and debit cards are fully protected when you make payments at restaurants or at stores, pharmacies, and elsewhere.
Do not enter your password for Facebook or Twitter in response to a text request on your cell phone.
The same if you are asked for your Apple ID.
Do not fall prey to a text message telling you that your banking details have been compromised online.
With a huge Thanks to Melanie Mama Peach
The best of hints for cars
1) Quick Window Cleaning
* Baking soda quickly cleans spatters and traffic grime from windshields, headlights, chrome and enamel. Wipe with soda, sprinkled onto a damp sponge or dissolve 2 tablespoons in a quart of water. Rinse.
2) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For The Car
Preventing Doors And Trunk From Freezing Shut
* Wipe the rubber gaskets with a heavy coating of vegetable oil. The oil will seal out water, but won’t harm the gasket. Especially good before having your car washed in the winter.
3) Recipes And Tips For Today:
Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Cars
* Ashes that continue to burn in the car ashtray are a nuisance. Prevent by placing an inch of baking soda (or gravel) in the bottom of the tray.
4) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Cars
A Parking Trick
* If you have bumped the front fender of your car into the back wall of your garage, try this: suspend a small rubber ball on a string from the ceiling of the garage so that when the ball strikes your windshield, you will know the car is in far enough so you can close the garage door.
5) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Cars
Battery Corrosion – Proofer
* Scrub battery terminals and holder with a strong solution of baking soda in water.
Articles of the day
Chosen by the Business Desk team
Uses For Ammonia
There are two types of ammonia you can use around the house:sudsy and non-sudsy. Sudsy has detergent added. Non-sudsy is best suited for streak-free cleaning.
1. To make your own window cleaner combine 1/2 cup non-sudsy ammonia plus 2 tablespoons vinegar to a quart of water
2. To make tile cleaner: 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 cup ammonia, and 1 gallon warm water.
3. To clean combs and brushes, soak them in a sink filled with water and 1/2 cup ammonia. This also shines up diamond rings.
4. To remove body oils and perspiration from your sheets, towels, and clothing, add 1 cup ammonia to your wash cycle with your usual amount of detergent.
5. Equal parts ammonia and turpentine will take paint spatters out of clothing. Saturate the soiled areas several times, then wash in warm, soapy water. Good for work clothes, not fine fabrics.
6. Soak the bottom of a scorched pot in a small amount of ammonia before scrubbing. ammonia may darken the finish of aluminum pans
7. Leave a bowl of 1/2 cup ammonia in a cold oven overnight to loosen baked-on residue.
8. Mix one part ammonia with three parts water in a spray bottle for an all-purpose solution for cleaning appliances and countertops.
From the pages of Donna’s diary
Access to ordering online
Access to ordering online is probably one of the highlights or features for anyone when traveling away from home. It is also important even when at home.
So in order to make this a pleasant experience we need to ensure the following:
* If a mobile app is being used that it is easy to navigate and that it is accessible using voiceover.
* If a computer is being used that the website is accessible, navigable and usable.
Menus should be easy to navigate and the ordering form should be easy to complete.
* It would be really great if phone service is available and that customer reps are well trained to take calls from those with special needs and disabilities.
Believe it or not, a large portion of the travel population would either still prefer to use the phone as they are not comfortable using either a computer or a mobile app.
Many would not normally travel with a computer.
Some don’t have an i device.
I’m Donna J. Jodhan enjoying my travels.
To learn more about me as a sight loss coach and author visit
On your next trip you could enrich your down time with some of my audio mysteries. Take them with you wherever you go!
In the car, on the plane, on the bus or train, at the beach, anywhere!
Affordable, portable, (computer or i device) and you could either purchase or Subscribe for unlimited access to my library at www.donnajodhan.com/store.html
and you can now take advantage of our free downloads here.
Follow me on Twitter @accessibleworld and at author_jodhan
And like me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/donnajodhan and at www.facebook.com/authordonnajodhan