Hello there and welcome to our monthly feature of all kinds of tips.
We at the business desk are pleased to bring you our monthly feature of a plethora of tips that cover a wide range of topics.
All of our tips are designed to help you save time, cut down on your research, and help you get ahead.
So go ahead and read on.
This week we bring you our monthly tips.
It’s what we do for a living! We help you to help yourself!
From the business desk team at http://www.sterlingcreations.com.
Follow us on Twitter @accessibleworld
Helpful tips for November 2023
In this issue:
* General tips
*Articles of the day
50 Ways To Snack In 100 Calories Or Less
* From the pages of Donna’s travel diary
Documents for a cruise trip
Important notice from Donna J. Jodhan
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to share news and or info about yourself or about others, then please read on!
Donna J. Jodhan can help you reach a rapidly growing list of over 12,000 readers and listeners and counting!
All you need to do is to give a listen to her monthly shows and if you like what you hear then here’s how it works!
For the very affordable price of $5, Donna will feature your info and news on 2 of her monthly shows.
Once on the Ask Donna show and once on the Dining with Donna show.
Both of these monthly shows run weekly
This means that your info will be featured twice for the month.
No more having to worry about posting to Facebook!
You’ll be able to engage with ready made readers and listeners!
Your payment of $5 will be prorated as a monthly payment.
So you can either pay monthly, or you can pay as you go.
Just send your info or news to donna at email@example.com
No more than 150 words.
Donna will then post your info or news as soon as you remit payment to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
To give a listen visit
Take advantage of this very quick and easy way to reach a ready made audience!
Courtesy of the research team at http://www.sterlingcreations.ca
With huge thanks from Melanie Mama Peach
1) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Ironing
* Place a strip of heavy duty aluminum foil over the entire length of the ironing board, and cover with pad. As you iron, heat will reflect through to the underside of the garment.
* Starch your ironing board cover. This also helps keep the cover clean longer.
2) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Ironing
* Lay embroidery piece upside down on a turkish towel before ironing. All the little spaces between the embroidery will be smooth when you are finished.
3) Ironing Pleats
* Use paper clips to hold pleats in place. They can be slipped on and off quickly and will leave no marks.
4) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Ironing
Ironing Heavily Starched Items
* Heavily starched clothing has a tendency to scorch. To make ironing simpler, place clothing between two sheets of aluminum foil. The iron will not stick and it will cut ironing time in half.
5) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Ironing
* If dark clothes become streaked when you starch them, add a little liquid coffee to the starch. This will eliminate the streaks.
6) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Ironing
* After irnoning a big tablecloth that you use only once in a while, try folding it lengthwise and placing it over a wire clothes hanger on which folded paper has been placed. Even after several months of being hung away, not even a touch up will be required.
7) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Ironing
A Fast Way To Dampen Clothes
* Place clothes in dryer and add two thoroughly wet bath towels. Set dryer on a no heat setting and let clothing tumble until desired dampness.
8) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For The Laundry Washing Shower Curtains
* Fill washing machine with hot water and add two bath towels. Add 1/3 cup each of detergent and bleach. Run through entire cycle. Rinse in plain water which you have added at least 1 cup of vinegar. Do not rinse the vinegar out. This method won’t work without the bath towels.
Do not spin dry because this will cause wrinkles in some types of shower curtains.
9) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For The Laundry
Getting White Socks White Again
* Boil in water to which a slice of lemon has been added.
10) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For The Laundry Removing Grease From Cotton
* If nothing else has worked to remove a grease spot from a solid colored cotton dress, try this, only if you feel you have nothing to lose. Work 1 1/2 cups salad oil through the material covering every inch evenly. Wash the garment thoroughly in hot suds and rinse well.
The spot should have disappeared.
Scams of the month:
Before giving you our scam tips of the month, here are some very valueable tips.
You need to remember that scams come in the following formats:
As emails, as phone calls both recorded and via a live caller, and o yes! It can even show up at your door and in your mailbox.
And now they are targeting us through texts being sent to our cell phones.
Before giving you the latest scams making the rounds; we have some do nots to share with you.
Do not respond to emails that look strange to you.
Do not download attachments from unknown senders.
Do not share your username and password to your online banking and any other online payments facilities with anyone.
Do not give out any banking or personal details on the phone to unknown callers.
Do not pay any attention to threats from automated phone recordings or from live persons with regard to your credit card or that you owe money to any revenue agency.
Do not entertain any offers either via email or by phone from senders and callers offering incredible service packages as they may pertain to cable and tv services, prizes that you have won, or any sort of any type of service package.
Do not answer the door to unknown callers.
Take extra caution to make sure that the details of your credit cards and debit cards are fully protected when you make payments at restaurants or at stores, pharmacies, and elsewhere.
Do not enter your password for Facebook or Twitter in response to a text request on your cell phone.
The same if you are asked for your Apple ID.
Do not fall prey to a text message telling you that your banking details have been compromised online.
Scam of the month –
And this is an old scam that continues to bombard us via phone.
It’s all about bogus charges to your credit card and the automated call asks you to press 1 to learn more.
Simply hang up!
Articles of the day
Chosen by the Business Desk team
50 Ways To Snack In 100 Calories Or Less
1. 20 chocolate-covered raisins. 87 calories
2. Half a slice of angel food cake with 1 tablespoon thawed, frozen light whipped topping and 1 maraschino cherry. 94 calories
3. 5 Starburst Fruit Chews. 100 calories
4. 1 whole graham cracker, broken into 2 squares. Top one square with 1/4 ounce piece of milk chocolate and 1 large marshmallow. Top with the other
square and microwave for about 12 seconds. 90 calories
5. Two 1 inch squares chocolate fudge. 86 calories
6. Fruit mix: 3 dried apricot halves, 4 almonds and 1 tablespoon chocolate chips. 100 calories
7. 1 frozen waffle, toasted and topped with 2 sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon whipped cream. 99 calories
8. 1/2 cup Cocoa Puffs cereal with 1/4 cup skim milk. 81 calories
9. 3 gingersnaps. 80 calories
10. 6 ounce tub Yoplait White Chocolate Strawberry nonfat yogurt. 100 calories
11. Half a banana, with 1 tablespoon each chocolate syrup and thawed, frozen light whipped topping. 99 calories
12. 2 fun-size Nestle Butter finger bars. 68 calories
13. 1 cup sugar-free hot chocolate with 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows. 66 calories
14. 2 caramel corn cakes. 90 calories
15. 3/4 ounce serving baked potato chips (7 to 12 chips) with 2 tablespoons fat-free onion dip. 85 calories
16. 4 wheat crackers with 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese. 87 calories
17. Half a baked potato, with 1 tablespoon each reduced-fat sour cream and salsa. 98 calories
18. 6 medium pretzel twists with 2 tablespoons mustard. 91 calories
19. 7 medium shrimp with lemon to taste. 70 calories
20. Half a medium onion bagel. 97 calories
21. 3 toasted 1/4 inch thick slices Italian bread, topped with 3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, minced garlic and fresh basil. 79 calories
22. 4 pieces plain melba toast. 78 calories
23. 25 pistachio nuts. 85 calories
24. Half a baked flour tortilla with 1 ounce avocado and 1 tablespoon salsa. 88 calories
25. 6 cups light microwaveable popcorn. Season to taste. 93 calories
26. Half a toasted whole-wheat English muffin with 1 teaspoon reduced-fat chunky peanut butter. 85 calories
27. 3 dill pickles. 36 calories
28. 1 baked hash-brown potato patty, with 1 tablespoon ketchup. 79 calories
29. 2 tablespoons hummus on a quarter toasted pita. 93 calories
30. Half a baked sweet potato, mashed with 1 teaspoon each honey and diet margarine. 96 calories
31. Skinny caff? Latte, 2 oz brewed espresso with 1 cup steamed skim milk. 91 calories
32. 1/2 cup cooked couscous and 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese. 100 calories
33. 1-cup serving canned condensed tomato soup, prepared with water. 85 calories
34. 1 ounce light roasted turkey breast, with 1 teaspoon yellow mustard and 1 leaf romaine lettuce on 1 slice toasted light whole-wheat bread. 94 calories
35. 2 lowfat chocolate chip cookies, store-bought, heated in microwave for 10 seconds. 90 calories
36. 1/2 cup prepared plain instant oatmeal, with 2 tablespoons frozen blueberries and cinnamon to taste. 82 calories
37. 1 slice toasted raisin bread with 1 tablespoon fat-free cream cheese. 86 calories
38. 1/4 cup egg substitute omelet, filled with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup diced tomatoes. 88 calories
39. 1 cup green tea with 2 teaspoons sugar. 30 calories
40. 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons fat-free ranch dressing. 90 calories
41. 1/2 each green and red bell pepper, sliced and dipped in 2 tablespoons light Thousand Island dressing. 80 calories
42. 1/2 cup canned pine-apple chunks, packed in juice. 75 calories
43. 1 chocolate-dipped strawberry. 62 calories
44. 5 small celery ribs, stuffed with 2 teaspoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon raisins. 100 calories
45. Half a medium grapefruit with1 teaspoon sugar. 38 calories
46. 1 each sliced medium tomato and red onion with 2 tablespoons lowfat Italian salad dressing. 100 calories
47. 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese blended with 4 tablespoons fresh blueberries. 100 calories
48. 1 small baked apple with 1 1/2 tablespoons light pancake syrup. 97 calories
49. 1/2 cup light vanilla ice cream with 2 tablespoons frozen raspberries. 100 calories
50. 1/4 cup cooked soybeans (edamame) seasoned to taste. 64 calories
From the pages of Donna’s diary
Documents for a cruise trip
I must confess that I am really enjoying my cruise trips and hopefully I’ll find ways to enjoy more of them.
I have been cruises to the Bahamas and to Hawaii and my latest cruise will be to the Danube.
When planning and packing for a cruise, I humbly submit that you include the following:
Your trip and your cancellation insurance papers.
A document with emergency numbers where you can be reached and who to reach in case of an emergency.
Printed copies of your electronic air tickets and all cruise related documents.
A printed list of all of your prescription medications.
I’m Donna J. Jodhan enjoying my travels.
To learn more about me as a sight loss coach and author visit
On your next trip you could enrich your down time with some of my audio mysteries. Take them with you wherever you go!
In the car, on the plane, on the bus or train, at the beach, anywhere!
And now you can listen to Donna’s weekly podcasts!
Ask donna – a plethora of tips from a sight loss coach along with book and product reviews!
Dining with donna – recipes and time saving tips for the kitchen!
Your mental stretch with Donna – how to recharge, renew, and get going! Save yourself from those dramas, traumas, and stress!
and subscribe for free
Follow me on Twitter @accessibleworld and at author_jodhan
And like me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/donnajodhan and at www.facebook.com/authordonnajodhan