Hello there and welcome to our monthly feature of all kinds of tips.
We at the business desk are pleased to bring you our monthly feature of a plethora of tips that cover a wide range of topics.
All of our tips are designed to help you save time, cut down on your research, and help you get ahead.
So go ahead and read on.
This week we bring you our monthly tips.
It’s what we do for a living! We help you to help yourself!
From the business desk team at https://www.sterlingcreations.com.
Follow us on Twitter @accessibleworld
Helpful tips for February 2023
Important notice from Donna J. Jodhan
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to share news and or info about yourself or about others, then please read on!
Donna J. Jodhan can help you reach a rapidly growing list of over 12,000 readers and listeners and counting!
All you need to do is to give a listen to her monthly shows and if you like what you hear then here’s how it works!
For the very affordable price of $25, Donna will feature your info and news on 2 of her monthly shows.
Once on the Ask Donna show and once on the Dining with Donna show.
Both of these monthly shows run weekly
This means that your info will be featured twice for the month.
No more having to worry about posting to Facebook!
You’ll be able to engage with ready made readers and listeners!
Your payment of $25 will be prorated as a monthly payment.
So you can either pay monthly, or you can pay as you go.
Just send your info or news to donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
No more than 150 words.
Donna will then post your info or news as soon as you remit payment to her at email@example.com
To give a listen visit
Take advantage of this very quick and easy way to reach a ready made audience!
In this issue:
Articles of the day
* 8 Uses For Alka-Seltzer
From the pages of Donna’s travel diary
* River boat cruises
Courtesy of the research team at http://www.sterlingcreations.ca
With huge thanks to Melanie Mama Peach
1) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Tips For The Newborn
* to allow mother a few extra hours sleep, use perfume freely on yourself when baby first comes home from the hospital. Later dab your perfume on baby’s crib sheets or pillow. He/she will smell the mama smell and feel safe and content.
* If baby bubbles a bit after feedings, and must be changed frequently to keep him/her smelling sweet, try this: moisten a cloth with water, dip it into baking soda and dab at the dribble. The odor will disappear.
* Use baby’s infant seat for bathing in the bathtub. Remove pad and buckle strap and place a large folded bath towel in the seat. Place baby in seat, and put in water. Now you can use both hands.
* Keep a heating pad beside baby’s crib and when he/she is up for his night feedings, turn the pad on warm and place on crib matress. When you put baby back down, his/her bed will be nice and warm and he/she will settle down more quickly. Be sure to remove the heating pad.
2) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children Crystal Clear Baby Bottles
* Place a few agate marbles in the sterilizer when cleaning baby bottles. The marbles will gather all the corrosion.
3) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
* Even adults sometimes walk into closed sliding glass doors. To help youngsters to avoid this hazard, place a piece of colored tape on the glass at eye level to alert the child when the door is closed.
* Teach a child as early as possible that red means danger. Paint all harmful bottle caps with red fingernail polish. Red is a danger signal that he/she will recognize throughout his/her life.
* If your toddler likes to try sneaking outside when you’re not looking, tie a small bell to the door. You will always be able to hear when the door is being opened.
4) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Baby’s First Pair Of Shoes
* For baby with his/her first pair of hard-soled shoes, walking on a ahrd surface is like walking on ice for an adult. If you glue a very thin strip of foam rubber to the soles of the shoes, the baby will gain much confidence when he/she is walking. When worn, scrape off the remains with a razor blade and apply a new piece.
5) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Teaching How To Put Shoes On
* To teach a child how to put the right shoe on the right foot, mark or tape the inside of the right shoe only.
6) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Graduating From Crib To Bed
* Eliminate fears of injury when your child graduates from crib to full size bed by putting the crib mattress on the floor next to the bed. If the child falls out, he/she will be startled but not hurt.
7) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
* When a child is past the baby stage, but too small for the tub, a plastic close basket with holes in it is ideal. Run several inches of water into the tub. Place the basket in it and set your baby in the basket.
* Cut small pieces of soap into a white sock and tie up the open end. Children prefer it to a bar of soap and it won’t slip from their hands.
8) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Calming The Angry Child
* Whispering works wonders when a child is angry. Simply whisper gentle words into his/her ear. He/She will stop crying so he/she can hear what you’re saying.
9) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Saving Your Child’s Artwork
* Give each drawing a coating of hair spray, it will prevent colors from fading or wearing off.
10) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
* Clean with dry cornstarch. Rub in, let stand briefly and brush off.
11) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
Polishing Baby Shoes
* Before polishing, rub with rubbing alcohol.
* Rub with a raw potato before polishing.
* Polish with an old nylon stocking.
* After polishing, allow to dry thoroughly and then buff with waxed paper.
12) Best Of Helpful Hints: The Best Of Hints For Children
A Great Bib
* Old shirts can be cut off at the sleeves to serve as coveralls for your children when they are painting or eating.
Articles of the day
Chosen by the Business Desk team
8 Uses For Alka-Seltzer
1. Clean a toilet.
Drop in 2 tablets, wait 20 minutes, brush, and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.
2. Clean a vase.
To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in 2 tablets.
3. Polish jewelry.
Drop 2 tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for 2 minutes.
4. Clean a thermos bottle.
Fill the bottle with water, drop in 4 tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
5. Remove burned-on grease from a pot or pan.
Fill the pot or pan with water, drop in 6 tablets, let soak for 1 hour, then scrub as usual.
6. Unclog a drain.
Clear the sink drain by dropping 3 Alka-Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar. Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.
7. Get short-term relief from nicotine withdrawl symptoms.
As long as you’re not on a low-sodium diet or have peptic ulcers, drink 2 tablets dissolved in a glass of water at every meal.
8. Soothe insect bites.
Dissolve 2 tablets in a glass of water, dip a cloth into the solution, and place the cloth on the bite for 20 minutes.
From the pages of Donna’s diary
River boat cruises?
I have always dreamed of embarking on one of these as I consider it to be a different type of adventure. Especially so for those on any of the more popular European rivers.
However, river boat cruises may be in jeopardy for 2023 if these beloved rivers are unable to garner and gather enough water in order to boost their water levels so that ships can sail and cruise safely. In short, due to an unbelievable hot season for 2022 governed by climate change, water levels have dropped to perilous levels.
Here are some tips if you are contemplating a river boat cruise.
Boats are much smaller than those cruising the high seas.
Up to 150 guests are accepted.
You can procure a room on either side of the ship that gives you access to window and balcony views.
Cruises range from 7 days to 9 days or 10 days and even more.
You get a chance to see so many senic views of cities and towns situated on any of the rivers.
So if you are patient and passionate, give this idea a second look.
My preference is for a cruise on the Danube.
I’m Donna J. Jodhan enjoying my travels.
To learn more about me as a sight loss coach and author visit
On your next trip you could enrich your down time with some of my audio mysteries. Take them with you wherever you go!
In the car, on the plane, on the bus or train, at the beach, anywhere!
Affordable, portable, (computer or i device) and you could either purchase or Subscribe for unlimited access to my library at www.donnajodhan.com/store.html
and you can now take advantage of our free downloads here.
Follow me on Twitter @accessibleworld and at author_jodhan
And like me on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/donnajodhan and at www.facebook.com/authordonnajodhan