Welcome to the March 2023 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly newsletter which highlights what’s new and noteworthy
on the AppleVis website. Below, you’ll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by members of the community –
from new app entries, to app updates, to the latest news and podcasts.
We are pleased to highlight the newest apps.
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
1) Blind Quest 2 (iOS/iPadOS, US$5.99)
In this stand-alone adventure, “THE FROST DEMON”, you will guide Nathan the mercenary in a NEW ADVENTURE in the world of Aetherna.
Nathan arrives in the prosperous Willow City in search of wealth and glory, but soon realizes that the city is besieged by evil.
The Frost Demon is freezing the Willow City, only Nathan can save its people!
Explore new locations! From the rich Willow City to a volcanic island and an abbey invaded by a dark cult!
This new adventure will have 70 new maps in 7 different scenarios to explore and interact with!
Fight new monsters and try to slay Killyus the Frost Demon. His ice magic has frozen the whole island. Try to kill him to make the region thrive again!
Current Version: 1.0 (March 10, 2023)
Read Blind Quest 2’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Blind Quest 2’s App Store page
2) feeeed (iOS/iPadOS, Free)
you spend hours scrolling feeds all day. shouldn’t YOU be in control of what you see, rather than some algorithm?
with feeeed, you can build your own news feed, on your own terms:
* subscribe to any website, using RSS, Twitter or just seeing a copy of their website in your feed
* see local weather, or flashbacks from your photo library
* subscribe to communities from reddit, tiktok profiles, or newsletters from your gmail
* add your own custom reminders, or flashcards
* see your step count for the day, and your progress towards 10k steps. (powered by an optional integration with the Health)
it’s 100% private and on-device (no servers, no accounts, nothing leaves your device). don’t worry — it’s still as fast, smooth and addicting as your favorite Mark Zuckerberg app. it includes a built-in reader mode and reading list. it’s fast!
Current Version: 1.6 (March 25, 2023)
Read feeeed’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit feeeed’s App Store page
3) Magic Research (iOS/iPadOS, US$3.99)
In Magic Research, you are the headmaster of a newly-created institution of Magic with one goal: to learn as much as possible about this power and get enough fame to be able to compete, and win, the prestigious competition of schools: the Tournament of Magic. But what will you discover along the way?
* Cast over a hundred different spells with various effects
* Research magic in various magical schools to discover new, surprising ways to use this power
* Accumulate resources and build the school campus
* Manage a team of researchers and apprentices to lead your school to fame
* Discover tons of hidden new features – when will you unlock the next one?
* Find over six dozen secret storylines with permanent, game-altering effects
* Restart the game and make faster progress each time with retirement bonuses
* Optimized both for iPhone and iPad
* No ads!
Current Version: 1.8.1 (March 28, 2023)
Read Magic Research’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Magic Research’s App Store page
4) OKO – AI copilot for the blind (iOS/iPadOS, Free)
Reach your destination effortlessly.
OKO is a smart(*) camera app that helps you explore your surroundings with real-time feedback. With it, you can know the state of the pedestrian traffic light.
At an intersection, the pedestrian traffic light function gives you the state of the pedestrian light by playing haptics and audio feedback, similar to a physical APS system.
OKO is closely co-developed with blind and visually impaired users.
Current Version: 2.5.0 (March 15, 2023)
Read OKO – AI copilot for the blind’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/navigation/oko-ai-copilot-blind>
Visit OKO – AI copilot for the blind’s App Store page
5) Purple Friday (iOS/iPadOS, US$4.99)
Time travel to the futuristic 80s with hilarious characters and binaural sound! Solve puzzles in this immersive mobile audio game adventure. Get it now!
Welcome to Purple Friday, the immersive mobile audio game adventure that will take you on a thrilling journey through sound! Get ready to embark on an unforgettable experience that will transport you to a world of mystery, danger, and excitement. With an emphasis on audio, Purple Friday is the perfect game for users who are blind sighted or vision impaired, as it allows them to enjoy the game just as much as sighted players.
With Purple Friday, you’ll get to experience the cutting-edge technology of binaural audio, which simulates sound as it would be heard in real life, creating a truly immersive experience that will make you feel like you’re right in the heart of the action. This means you’ll be able to hear every creak, every whisper, every footstep, and every breath in stunning, crystal-clear detail.
But that’s not all – we’ve also made sure that interacting with the game is a breeze. With simple swipe gestures, you’ll be able to explore the rich and detailed environments, uncover hidden clues and objects, and interact with the game’s cast of characters in a way that feels natural and intuitive.
Speaking of characters, Purple Friday features a professional voice cast that brings the game’s world to life with their incredible performances. From the mysterious femme fatale to the quirky sidekick, every character is fully realized and voiced with the utmost care and attention to detail, making them feel like real people that you’ll come to care about throughout your journey.
And with over 700 sound assets at your fingertips, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in the rich and detailed worlds of Purple Friday like never before. From exploring an isolated mysterious island, climbing to the snowy top of the mountain, delving inside the belly of a whale, or venturing to a place between time and space, every environment is meticulously crafted to transport you to a new and exciting location. And with binaural audio technology, you’ll feel like you’re right there in the middle of the action, with every sound bringing the game’s world to life in stunning, crystal-clear detail.
Read Purple Friday’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Purple Friday’s App Store page
6) SoundEcho (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
SoundEcho, the challenging and accessible memory game!
SoundEcho is a memory game with sounds, that is easy to operate and is fully accessible by means of VoiceOver. Not only blind and poor sighted players, but also sighted players will really have fun playing SoundEcho.
The purpose of the game is easy. Spread across the screen you find buttons with a letter, digit or smiley on them. When you click on a button, you hear a sound. If you press two buttons successively and you get the same sound, these buttons will disappear and you found the particular sound. Try to find all sounds with as few clicks as possible.
You can choose between animal sounds and computer sounds and look for 10, 15 or 20 sounds.
SoundEcho integrates Game Center, so you can compare scores, track your achievements and can play against each other with 2 to 4 players real-time.
Current Version: 1.3 (March 23, 2023)
Read SoundEcho’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/soundecho>
Visit SoundEcho’s App Store page
7) Tot Pocket (iOS/iPadOS, US$19.99)
Tot is an elegant, simple way to collect & edit text across your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. It’s your tiny text companion!
* Less Is More; Tot’s single window design and simple formatting controls mean no more hunting for that chunk of text. Seven color-coded dots let you organize your notes while keeping them from getting out of hand.
* Dark / Light Mode: Designed to look stunning both day and night, Tot takes full advantage of iOS and macOS themes.
* Small Footprint: Stays out of the way on the desktop with minimal chrome and can even be controlled via the Menu bar. On mobile, each dot is just a swipe away.
* iCloud Sync: Seamlessly syncs your text across iOS and macOS using iCloud so you can capture thoughts wherever you are.
* Markdown Support: Full support for rich or plain text and even automatically translates text to Markdown for handy use on the web. Have an RTF file you need marked up? No problem!
* Killer Keyboard: Tot puts common text operations on the keyboard and keeps track of word and character counts as you type.
Available for iOS, macOS, and watchOS.
Current Version: 1.5.2 (February 15, 2023)
Read Tot Pocket’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Tot Pocket’s App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at: