Welcome to the July 2022 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly newsletter which highlights what’s new and noteworthy
on the AppleVis website. Below, you’ll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by members of the community –
from new app entries, to app updates, to the latest news and podcasts.
We are pleased to highlight the newest apps.
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
1. Accessible Sudoku (iOS/iPadOS, US$0.99)
Play huge grids on small devices.
In this version you can
* Choose to play 4,9,16 or 25 grid sizes.
* Choose the number of cells to fill in.
* Choose the zoom level.
* The 4 grid size has over 280 patterns.
* The 9,16 and 25 grid sizes have 20,000 patterns
* Designed to be played offline.
* No in-app purchases.
* Built to be easy to play but hard to put down.
* Simple clean interface.
* 100% VoiceOver compatible.
Current Version: 1.0.3 (July 18, 2022)
Read Accessible Sudoku’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/accessible-sudoku>
Visit Accessible Sudoku’s App Store page
2. Apollo for Reddit (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It’s created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
* Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
* Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
* Tabbed interface for easy navigating
* Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
* Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
* Large or compact posts depending on your preference
* Dark mode (can be automatic)
* Fully customizable gestures
* Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
* Inline previews of media in comments
* 3D Touch support
* Beautifully organized Inbox
* Filtering and blocking
* Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
* Moderator features
* Tons of settings to tweak
* GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
* Multiple accounts
* Powerful search
* Full Markdown rendering
* Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it’s constantly evolving. If you have anything you’d specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we’d love to hear it!
Current Version: 1.13.1 (May 22, 2022)
Read Apollo for Reddit’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Apollo for Reddit’s App Store page
3. Spelling Queen Pangrams (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
A whole world of words, in just 7 letters!
* Find the pangram; be the spelling queen
* 4000+ unique 7-letter games
* Word counts & hints
* Customizable English dictionary
App version of the popular game, with many added features like the option to play together with friends & family on your Wi-Fi!
* Each 7-letter game is generated on the fly by algorithm. There are over 4000 unique 7 letter games to play!
* Work your way up from Novice, to Brilliant, to Mastermind, and on to win! There are only two rules to finding words and winning the game: words must be at least 4 letters long, and words must always use the center letter.
* Some games have only 10 words to find, to win the spelling game… other ones have over 50 words! Use Help to get a word count that will tell you how big the challenge is, see how many you’ve found, and get hints. There’s now also a Game of the Day which is the same for everyone, everywhere.
* Each game has at least one pangram – a word that uses all 7 of the game’s individual letters. Some games have more than one!
* The game’s word list is a partial English dictionary of the most frequently used words that have 7 or fewer unique letters. In your game, you can customize your own personal word list! Here’s how it works: if you enter a word that is in the English dictionary but is not in the game’s list, you can add that new word to your own list. That new word will be included in future games, no matter which of your iCloud devices you are playing on!
Current Version: 2.6 (May 25, 2022)
Read Spelling Queen Pangrams’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/spelling-queen-pangrams>
Visit Spelling Queen Pangrams’s App Store page <https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spelling-queen-pangrams/id1591639792>
4. UniChar — Unicode Keyboard (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
UniChar is a powerful yet beautiful Unicode character app and keyboard that allows you to quickly find, type, and work with special symbols.
UniChar features thousands of symbols organized neatly into categories as well as a complete Unicode table.* You can quickly search for the symbol you’re looking for by name or by drawing, type symbols in any app with the custom keyboard, and collect your favorite symbols to access them even quicker.
For developers, UniChar is an efficient tool to work with Unicode code points and HTML entities. Revamp your workflow with Universal Clipboard – copy on your iPhone, paste on your Mac. Or use UniChar alongside other apps with Multitasking support on iPad.
Current Version: 7.5 (May 31, 2022)
Read UniChar — Unicode Keyboard’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/reference/unichar-unicode-keyboard>
Visit UniChar — Unicode Keyboard’s App Store page
5. Unmute – Phone call assistant (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Unmute lets your phone talk for you, on the phone!
With Text-To-Speech you can program sentences you want your phone to speak out loud. Also over the phone!
This can be helpful for people who are mute (can’t / don’t talk) or if you have other speech impediments.
The user on the other side of the line will hear the sentences spoken out loud by your phone through the call.
* Create your own custom sentences
* Favorite sentences are grouped together for easy use
* Change the gender of the voice
* Works in lots of languages
Current Version: 1.9 (August 19, 2021)
Read Unmute – Phone call assistant’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/unmute-phone-call-assistant>
Visit Unmute – Phone call assistant’s App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple Watch <https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=watch_directory>
Apple TV <https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=tv_directory>