on the AppleVis website. Below, youíll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by members of the community –
from new app entries, to app updates, to the latest news and podcasts.
We are pleased to highlight the newest apps.
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
- Caset: Next-Gen Mixtapes (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
A new app that reinvents mixtapes for the iPhone era. Make stunning mixtapes, collaborate with friends, and enjoy music together in an all-new way.
- Create Mixtapes Together – Make, share and enjoy mixtapes with your friends and family from anywhere in the world.
- Collaborate with friends – When new music is added they appear instantly for everyone, so you wonít miss even a second of fun.
- Add Reactions – We have five reactions: Love, Lit, Dislike, On Repeat, and Throwback to express how you feel about tracks added by friends.
- Get Notifications – Get alerts when friends join your mixtape and when new racks and reactions are added.
- Apple Music Inegration – Add favorites from your music library or by searching from the entire Apple Music catalog. Enjoying listening to mixtapes right within Caset as an Apple Music subscriber.
- Mixtape Gallery – Browse the gallery with curated templates and create stunning mixtapes in no time.
- Create Personalized Covers – Personalize mixtape with custom cover art. Add your own picture or design new covers with our powerful editor (requires Caset Pro).
- Enjoy Peace of Mind – Caset is designed to collect minimal amount of data about you. Your information is protected, only accessible by your friends and family, and is not shared with third-party advertisers or data brokers. So you can enjoy the music with peace of mind.
- Use Accessibility Features – Caset is built to support accessibility features like VoiceOver and Dynamic Type. So you can truly enjoy your mixtapes with everyone.
- Other Features – Add music videos. AirDrop Mixtapes. Play music directly from notifications.
Making your own mixtape and sharing them with friends is free. Creating mixtapes using templates may require Caset Pro, a subscription plan for music lovers looking to further elevate their mixtapes with custom cover art and other perks.
Current Version: 1.0.6 (February 15, 2022)
Read Caset: Next-Gen Mixtapesís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/music/caset-next-gen-mixtapes
Visit Caset: Next-Gen Mixtapesís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/caset-make-mixtapes-together/id1594223164
- Cmd C – An Idle Game (iOS/iPadOS, Free)
Cmd C is an idle clicker game based around programming.
The game is based on collecting as many lines as you can. Once you have enough you can begin buying upgrades at which point the game becomes an idle simulation with prestige and offline support.
The idle game is broken up into chapters. Each chapter progresses the story with different incremental game mechanics.
Current Version: 0.4.4 (February 14, 2022)
Read Cmd C – An Idle Gameís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/cmd-c-idle-game
Visit Cmd C – An Idle Gameís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cmd-c-an-idle-game/id1606426386
- Google Fit: Activity Tracker (iOS/iPadOS, Free)
Get to a healthier and more active life with Google Fit!
Itís hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. Thatís why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. Youíll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHOís recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
- Get insights and see stats such as heart rate, speed, pace, route, and more for your runs, walks, and bike rides.
- See your daily progress on your Heart Points and steps. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
- All physical activity can help you lead a healthier life, and with Google Fit you can track it all in one place. Working with your favorite fitness apps and devices, Google Fit builds a journal of your activity. And to make sure Fit never misses a workout, you can manually add any activity your other apps didnít track – from Aerobics to Zumba!
- Google Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices that are compatible with Apple Health to give you a holistic view of your health, so youíll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Headspace, and more.
- See a snapshot of your activity history across Google Fit and your integrated apps in your journal. Or, see the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
Current Version: 1.64 (February 21, 2022)
Read Google Fit: Activity Trackerís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/health-fitness/google-fit-activity-tracker
Visit Google Fit: Activity Trackerís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-fit-activity-tracker/id1433864494
- HidrateSpark Smart Bottle (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
HidrateSpark is an easy to use smart water bottle that keeps track of how much water you drink, lights up and glows to remind you to drink more water, and syncs to this app via Bluetooth so you can see your progress.
- GLOWS: HidrateSpark will light up and glow when you need to drink more water.
- MEASURES: HidrateSpark automatically measures how much water you drink, and sends it to your iOS device via Bluetooth.
- RECOMMENDS: This app calculates a recommended hydration goal based on your personal parameters: age, height, weight and sex. It can even use your physical activity and local weather to adjust the goal specifically for you every day.
- INTEGRATES: Your activity level affects how much water you need to drink. Connect to Apple Health, Fitbit, Under Armour Record, or Withings HealthMate to use your activity level to automatically adjust your goal. You can also save your hydration records to Apple Health or Fitbit.
- HISTORY: See your hydration progress over time in a daily and monthly view. How many days in a row can you reach your goal?
- FRIENDS: Keep an eye on your friendsí progress to make sure they are staying hydrated. Start some friendly competition to see who can meet their goal the most days in a row.
- FUN REMINDERS: This app will send notifications when you begin to fall behind and need to drink more water. The HidrateSpark smart water bottle will also light up and glow to remind you to stay hydrated.
- NEVER LOSE IT: Losing your water bottle is no fun, so we made it harder for this to happen. When location services are turned on, this app will record the last place it was connected to your HidrateSpark smart water bottle, and show you a map so you can go back and get it.
Current Version: 2.7.1 (February 14, 2022)
Read HidrateSpark Smart Bottleís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/health-fitness/hidratespark-smart-bottle
Visit HidrateSpark Smart Bottleís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hidratespark-smart-bottle/id1056269374
- Keybuild (iOS/iPadOS, US$3.99)
Build your own keyboard!
Touchscreen keyboards donít need to be one-size-fits-all, so letís change that! With Keybuild, you choose the layout, the keys, everything.
Keys can be set up to type whatever you want! Letters, greek letters (?, ﬂ, ?), maths symbols (p, ?, ?), arrows (????), or even your favourite emoji can be added and organised depending on your needs.
Create multiple ëpanesí, each containing keys arranged using a stack-based layout, and switch between them with either an automatic menu, or direct links.
Add a small number row to your Qwerty keyboard, or have a try using Azerty or Colemak layouts. Build a keyboard that can keep up with your maths-heavy university course, or specialist profession. Or just make a dashboard for your favourite emoji. Or do all that and more, itís up to you!
Current Version: 1.6.1 (February 18, 2022)
Read Keybuildís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/keybuild
Visit Keybuildís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/keybuild/id1547174534
See also: Keybuildís VoiceOver-focused update is open for testing https://www.applevis.com/forum/ios-ipados/keybuilds-voiceover-focused-update-open-testing
- Nanogram – Watch Messenger (watchOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
A Telegram app that works without your phone!
Send, receive, and see all your messages right from your wrist – even when you donít have your phone around.
Nanogram also supports the FlickType Swipe Keyboard for faster & more private replies on the go.
Stay connected to your friends & family on Telegram while experiencing true phone-less freedom – with just your Apple Watch!
Current Version: 1.5 (September 9, 2021)
Read Nanogram – Watch Messengerís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/watch/social-networking/nanogram-watch-messenger
Visit Nanogram – Watch Messengerís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nanogram-watch-messenger/id1574130405
- Nocked (iOS/iPadOS, US$4.99)
The peasants of Nottingham bow under the weight of Prince Johnís taxes; nobles fall to the Sheriffís political machinations; deserters from the Crusades pillage the land; and fairies lure the unwary into the depths of mist-shrouded Sherwood Forest, never to be seen again. Step into the chaos of a magical England at the end of the Third Crusade. Maid Marian hides breathless amidst the brambles after the sack of her fatherís castle; Little John charges a bodyweight in gold to cross a lonely log; and Will Scarlet holds court in a brokedown tower surrounded by trees as tall as the sky, waiting for a king who will never come. The time is ripe, a spark is lit ñ from the ashes of your home, from the shadow of anonymity, step into legend. You are Robin Hood.
Nocked! is a lushly-illustrated, text-driven role-playing game playable for minutes or hours at a time. Define the deeds and identity of Robin Hood, outlaw of Sherwood Forest; recruit allies, forge alliances, find love; and chart a path between war, negotiation, and dangerous magics. Your choices are remembered and your actions shape the world, but you canít do it alone.
Story and strategy collide as your reputation spreads and Merry Men join your band: Build and expand a base in the hidden deeps, manage your earnings from raids on tax collectors, and prepare for the coming of the Sheriff of Nottingham. There is no sure and easy path to victory, no one decision that will save your resistance; will you fall beneath the Sheriffís boot heel, or will you build a movement to last the ages? The choice is yours.
Current Version: 2.0.7 (September 7, 2020)
Read Nockedís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/nocked
Visit Nockedís App Store page
- Spring for Twitter (iOS/iPadOS/mac, US$9.99)
Introducing Spring 2, a new generation of Twitter client for iPhone, iPad and Mac. Features fast performance, truly native design and a highly customizable user interface.
- Pin your frequently visit pages to the tab bar (for example, a Twitter List, search result list or user homepage)
- Drag tabs into the order you prefer
- Rename your tabs
- Change your tab icons (more than a thousand of icons for you to choose)
- Show/hide tab names and button shapes
- Privately set aliases, notes and username colors for other Twitter users
- User Notes list: browse, organize and edit all your notes in one place
- Sync your data across your iPhone, iPad and Mac privately and securely
- Currently support Mute List, User Notes, Reading Positions, Tweet Bookmarks, Drafts and Search History
- Spring does not collect any personal information
- Your account tokens are protected by on-device Keychain
- Your network connection to Twitter is protected by HTTPS
- Links you opened are not shared with Twitter
- GIFs you selected are not shared with Giphy, the GIF content provider
- Universal Purchase: purchase once, and install on your iPhone, iPad and Mac
- Column View takes full advantage of the big screen on iPad and Mac, shows multiple views at once and allows you to navigate between views fluently and efficiently
- Full Screen mode on iPhone let your timeline content fill the entire screen once you start scrolling
- Tweet Actions customization
- Mute List filters out unwanted tweets and users
- Search tweets on the Timeline
- Adjustable text spacing
- Adjustable and adaptive text sizes
- Two layout styles: Tiled and Card
- Option to display Tweet Source on timeline
- Multiple Windows support on iPad and Mac
- On iPad, you can Drag & Drop to open a tweet/user page/webpage/image/video in a secondary window
- Link Preview preloads web pages linked to tweets on your timeline, analyze and extract key information, and gives you a glimpse about the content on a web page before you ever open it
- Customizable Link Preview experience
- Customizable text translation experience
- Automatic video and GIF playback on the Timeline
- Supports changing app icon on iPhone, iPad and Mac
- Turn on/off content scaling on Mac for extra screen estate or sharper text
- Edit button and toolbar on your personal Following page, which allow you to select multiple following people, then Add to Lists or Unfollow at once
- Show reading progress on Timeline
- Optionally place a Compose Tweet button on the bottom tab bar (Settings > Tab Bar > Compose Button) (iPhone and iPad)
- Settings to export or import your custom settings/preferences
- Open in Spring (Action extension): open Twitter links via Spring. Available on Share sheet when you share text and/or links
- Autocomplete for Tweet Composer
Current Version: 2.11.4 (January 11, 2022)
Read Spring for Twitterís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/social-networking/spring-twitter
Visit Spring for Twitterís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spring-for-twitter/id1508706541
The Mac App Directory entry for Spring https://www.applevis.com/apps/mac/social-networking/spring-twitter
The App Store listing of Spring mini for Twitter https://apps.apple.com/us/app/spring-mini-for-twitter/id1508706799
9) Vinegar – Tube Cleaner (iOS/iPadOS/macOS, US$1.99)
Vinegar is a Safari extension that replaces the YouTube player with a minimal HTML video tag.
It removes ads, restores picture-in-picture, and keeps videos playing in the background.
Current Version: 2.2.5 (February 27, 2022)
Read Vinegar – Tube Cleanerís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/vinegar-tube-cleaner
Visit Vinegar – Tube Cleanerís App Store page https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vinegar-tube-cleaner/id1591303229
See also: Baking Soda – Tube Cleaner https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/baking-soda-tube-cleaner
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple Watch https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=watch_directory
Apple TV https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=tv_directory