Welcome to the February 2020 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly
which aims to highlight what’s new and noteworthy on the AppleVis website.
Below, you’ll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by
members of the community – from new app entries, to app updates, to the
news and podcasts. For easier navigation, the major sections of this post
heading level 3, and each individual item is at heading level 4.
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
1. ?Microsoft Office (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
The Office app combines the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps you know and
> rely on with new capabilities that harness the unique strengths of a phone
create a simpler, yet more powerful Office experience on the go.
Whether using it for personal or professional reasons, the Office app is
designed to be your go-to app for getting work done on a mobile device.
Current Version: 2.34.1 (February 22, 2020)
Read? ?Microsoft Office’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit? ?Microsoft Office’s App Store page ?
2. MusicToRingtone (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Super easy and slick ringtone maker!
Make ringtones from your iTunes library, audio or videos files.
Current Version: 1.5.6 (February 21, 2020)
Read? MusicToRingtone’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit? MusicToRingtone’s App Store page ?
3. 1Timer – Voice Interval Timer (iOS/iPadOS, US$1.99)
This app provides timers with voice reminders at a frequency of your choice.
You will be pleasantly surprised by how useful the app is in many scenarios.
Here is an incomplete list of possible use cases.
* Workout – we have you covered whether it simple workout or complex
* Habits – shape up some time-bounded habits.
* Kids – give your kids a disciplinary countdown.
* Be on time – get reminders before it’s too late.
* Routines – perform daily time-bound routines.
* Exams/tests – be informed before the time’s up.
* And many more…
* You can have a per-second voice countdown for the last 15 seconds.
* You can have a timer that reminds you every 5 seconds for the last minute,
and every minute otherwise.
* The combinations of configurations are countless.
* You can choose the reminder language from 30+ languages.
* You can choose the reminder speed.
* You can even choose from different voices.
* You can also customize what the timer reminders are.
* You can set up advanced timers, each with different configurations.
* You can even chain timers together to build a powerful reminder system
that you can find nowhere else.
* The app provides single-tap access to timers, without any setup.
* The app has no ads or in-app purchases.
* The app is very small, so it doesn’t waste your precious storage space.
* The app is super fast, so it’s available the second you need it.
* The app provides a widget for even easier access.
* The app fully works even if the screen is locked.
* The app fully support VoiceOver.
Just read the reviews to see how much our users love the app!
Current Version: 8.0.2 (February 22, 2020)
Read? 1Timer – Voice Interval Timer’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more
Visit? 1Timer – Voice Interval Timer’s App Store page ?
4. ?Unread 2 (iOS/iPadOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Rediscover the joy of reading your favorite writers with Unread, an RSS
reader. Unread provides a clean and beautiful reading environment. Unread is
designed for comfort. You can move anywhere in the app with a sweep of your
thumb without having to reposition your hand. Unread’s stacked navigation
was built from scratch to be the most comfortable interface you’ve ever
used. Flick left-to-right to go back from anywhere on the screen. Tug any
screen right-to-left to show options for that screen.
* COLOR THEMES: Unread provides twelve different color themes. Choose one
theme for light mode and another for dark mode.
* AUTOMATIC WEBPAGE TEXT: For feeds that contain only article summaries,
Unread can display the full article text from the webpage. You can switch
between feed text and webpage text for any article. You can make webpage
text the default for individual feeds. Unread will even analyze your feeds
and default to webpage text for those that contain only article summaries.
* SYNCING: Unread syncs with your Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, Feedly, Fever,
Inoreader, or NewsBlur account.
* CACHING: Unread caches webpage text and images for instant loading and
offline access. (Subscription required.)
* HARDWARE KEYBOARD SUPPORT: Unread’s keyboard navigation capabilities and
keyboard shortcuts make it a joy to use on an iPad with a hardware
* READ-LATER SERVICES: Unread provides native support for saving articles to
instapaper, Pocket, and Safari Reading List.
* MULTIPLE WINDOWS: Look at two articles side-by-side, or browse an article
list while keeping an article open.
* SUBSCRIPTION MANAGEMENT: Unsubscribe from feeds, subscribe to new feeds,
and reorganize feed subscriptions.
* FOOTNOTE POPOVERS: Unread provides convenient popovers for reading
* ACCESSIBILITY: Unread has 100% VoiceOver coverage. Every screen and every
feature is available to users with vision impairments. Actions on articles
can be quickly triggered using actions on the accessibility rotor.
Current Version: 2.0 (February 27, 2020)
Read? ?Unread 2’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information ?
Visit? ?Unread 2’s App Store page ?
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple Watch 
Apple TV