Each month I will be responding to a question; chosen from a pool of some of
the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and
continue to be asked.
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to make keypads more accessible
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and
external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and
advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their
revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
There are definite ways to make your keypad more user friendly and
accessible and my advice to you is that when you think of this you need to
keep in mind that there are certain segments of our market that will
definitely buy keypads that are easier to handle, that are more portable,
and size of the keypad definitely matters.
So here are some tips to help you gain more customers and increase your
1. Make your keypad a size that is easy to handle.
2. Make your keypad as portable as you can.
3. Make your keys easy to handle; a comfortable size.
4. Make the keys easy to work with. That is, enough of a bounce when
5. Make it so that the keypad is easy to read.
6. Make it so that there is just enough space between each key and each row.
7. Build your keypad so that it is solid enough and not too flimsy.
Now you can subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
‘Let’s Talk Tips’ is your monthly resource for the most current and reliable
informational tips available in the areas of Technology, Nutrition, Media,
Business, and Advocacy.