From the AppleVis online September newsletter
Welcome to the September 2021 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly
Newsletter which highlights what’s new and noteworthy on the AppleVis
website. Below, you’ll find a selection of content posted to AppleVis by
members of the community – from new app entries, to app updates, to the
latest news and podcasts.
View in browser
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
1. A Western Drama (iOS/iPadOS, US$13.99)
Western Drama is an arcade audio game, without any graphics, in which you
Only use your ears and a pair of headphones to interact with the environment
of the game.
A Western Drama is an arcade audiogame with a deep story set in the American
frontier of the nineteenth century, starring two bounty hunters, the young
Wade and his master Drake.
As Wade, the player will have to face caravan thieves, robbers, cutthroats,
mercenaries in violent shootouts and fast duels, trying to capture the four
most dangerous criminals in the West and get to the heart of Wade’s
Binaural audio allows players to live in a realistic world, without using
any visual feedback. Through binaural audio, the player is immersed in a
three dimensional audio world, that we have designed following the typical
atmospheres of spaghetti western stories, full of characters, small
outposts, dirt roads and cities.
Current Version: 1.0.3 (September 9, 2021)
Read A Western Drama’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit A Western Drama’s App Store page
2. Dungeons & Such (iOS/iPadOS, US$2.99)
*Editor’s Note:* This game currently has a few accessibility issues, but
has been included here as it’s extremely popular in our community and the
developer is actively addressing the outstanding issues. We recommend that
you read the AppleVis App Directory entry and any replies before downloading
the game, so that you are aware of any current issues and workarounds.
Lurk through the dungeon, raise your level, find treasures, recruit
monsters, forge your equipment, build your house, hire other players, and
defeat the boss…
Simple and nostalgic dungeon RPG for iOS.
* Super indie, 99.9% made by one guy since the first iPhone was launched ;)
* No in-app purchase
* Good old simple choose-your-adventure style dungeon RPG
* Create your own unique character by customizing your strength, stamina,
intelligence, and agility
* Multiplayer feature: Hire other players asynchronously to form a party to
enter the dungeon
* Collect monsters to fight with you
* Build your own house
* Forge your weapons and armors to make it stronger
* Supports Game Center leaderboards and achievements
* Auto-save on each floor you go down, making it easy to play on the go
* Save on free iCloud for backup data so you never lose your progress
* Optimized user experience for one-handed use touch interface
* Awesome reviews on replay-value
* 100% support from the actual creator
* Supports VoiceOver
Current Version: 7.2.2 (September 30, 2021)
Read Dungeons & Such’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Dungeons & Such’s App Store page
3. Lost in Blindness (iOS/iPadOS, US$4.99)
Have you ever wondered if you could play a video game, without even looking
at the screen? What if you played without even seeing anything!
Lost in Blindness is more than just a game, it is a whole new gaming
Play as Alex, a young blind archeologist and follow the tracks left behind
by the disappearance of the Mayan civilization!
In this blind adventure game, discover an incredible 3D environment only by
listening to the sounds around you, without using your eyes to see.
Explore a temple in the middle of the Amazonia and solve the puzzles that it
hides. Thanks to a choice-based dialogue system, make your own decisions
that will change the course of your story, to make it even more shocking!
And since adventure game should have it’s share of action and
infiltration, watch your back… Because it seems that creatures and people
don’t want you discovering the secrets protected by this temple!
Current Version: 1.1 (September 1, 2021)
Read Lost in Blindness’ AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Lost in Blindness’ App Store page
4. Streamlets (watchOS, US$0.99)
A standalone radio streaming watch App that plays through the watch speaker.
Leave your phone at home and browse over 26,000 radio stations from around
the world to stream directly on your Apple Watch.
* Search for Radio Stations directly on your Apple Watch
* Stream live broadcasts over wi-fi or cellular*
* Play live streams when you have AirPods or compatible Bluetooth
headphones/speaker connected or through the Watch speaker.
* Save your favourite stations for easier access.
* Browse live radio streams by country or genre/tag or search by the
* Runs in the background and integrates with the built in Workouts App.
Current Version: 1.7.1 (September 25, 2021)
Read Streamlets’ AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Streamlets’ App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple Watch https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=watch_directory
Apple TV https://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=tv_directory