Each month I will be responding to a question; chosen from a pool of some of
the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and
continue to be asked.
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to make entrepreneurial courses accessible
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and
external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and
advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their
revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
The entrepreneurial market continues to grow and expand at break neck speed
and if you are interested in making your entrepreneurial courses more
accessible then here are a few very important tips for you.
1. First off, you need to keep in mind that seniors, retirees, and persons
with disabilities are going to be your main customers and consumers.
2. This means that you will need to ensure that you provide a technical
environment that is easy to access, easy to understand, and one that is as
stable as you can make it.
3. That you provide adequate support by trainers and instructors who have
been trained to interact with and communicate with the types of consumers
and customers as stated above.
4. That your online facilities are usable and accessible.
5. That your materials are provided in alternate formats.
6. That manuals are written in easy to understand language and that they are
concise and precise.
This should be a good start for you.
Now you can subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
‘Let’s Talk Tips’ is your monthly resource for the most current and reliable
informational tips available in the areas of Technology, Nutrition, Media,
Business, and Advocacy.