Welcome to the July 2019 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly series
which aims to highlight
what’s new and noteworthy on the AppleVis website. Below, you’ll find a
selection of the best content
posted to AppleVis by members of the community – from new app entries, to
app updates, to the latest
news and podcasts. For easier navigation, the major sections of this post
are at heading level 3, and each
individual item is at heading level 4.
New and Noteworthy App Entries
1. Button by Neatebox (iOS, Free)
18 years working for Guide Dogs for the Blind watching my blind and visually
friends struggle to interact with pedestrian crossings prompted me to look
for a solution
which would make the lives of all disabled people easier in this area.
Many crossings poles are out of reach or too far from the crossing to be
useful so I set
up Neatebox and looked for a way in which we could press the button at the
using our mobile phones.
“Button” by Neatebox is the result of this hard work and gives you a
crossing control from your phone. It removes the need for you to make
with the crossing pole and leaves you free to focus on a safe and efficient
Simply download the free app and input your details and you are ready to go.
At this time there are limited locations in which the system can be used but
we are keen
to install more. If you feel that a crossing near you could do with an
such as this please let us know using the ‘request a crossing’ feature
within the app’s
settings and we will contact the Local Authority on your behalf to ask for
our system to
Current Version: 1.02 (February 1, 2018)
Read Button by Neatebox’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Button by Neatebox’s App Store page
(watchOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Complicated. Your Watch, Your Way. Complicated is the simplest way to
Complicated gives you endless control over your apple watch faces.
supports an ever growing list of customizations.
Use Complicated to:
* Set custom messages on your apple watch face. Including Emoji on
* Add custom icons to your watch face. Search from a large library of
icons to find
the perfect icon for your Watch Face
* Reminders on your Watch. Show your most important to-do items right
* Create custom dials and progress bars on your watch face. See the
your goals or projects, at a glance
* Build your own customizations with Webhooks. Supports IFTTT, Zapier,
any programming language. The possibilities are endless!
Coming Soon to Complicated!
* Daily Motivational Messages. A new motivational message every day
* Daily Bible Passages. Display a new Bible passage on your watch
* RSS Feeds. Show text from any RSS feed directly on your apple watch
Current Version: 2.3.1 (July 23, 2019)
Read Complicated’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Complicated’s App Store page
The Encyclopedia of Arda is an indispensible reference guide to the works of
Tolkien, based on the popular Website of the same name. The Encyclopedia
around 4,000 individual entries, many with additional features such as maps,
trees and images.
Also included in the Encyclopedia are a selection of articles and reference
including a detailed lexicon and a guide to old and rare words used in
The interactive Chronicle and Calendar let you explore the history of
its earliest times, and the Encyclopedia even contains detailed guides to
the recent film
versions of The Lord of the Rings.
* Search the Encyclopedia, choose from an A-Z index, or browse
articles by topic.
Each entry is rich in hypertext links, letting you freely explore the world
Middle-earth and beyond.
* Many entries provide their own factbox and timeline, along with
genealogical charts, and images.
* The interactive Chronicle of Arda lets you explore any period from
earth’s history. The Interactive Calendar lets you choose dates in any of
different calendars and see which events took place on those dates.
* Language guides include a dictionary of old and rare words used by
also a lexicon explaining the origins of many names of characters and places
Elvish and other languages.
* The ‘Excyclopedia’ feature is an additional guide to less canonical
exploring concepts from Tolkien’s earlier work, and related topics from
* This is a standalone app that works completely independently of the
Encyclopedia of Arda Website; no Internet connection is required.
Current Version: 1.15 (September 6, 2017)
Read Encarda’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Encarda’s App Store page
4. Infuse 6
(iOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Ignite your video content with Infuse – the beautiful way to watch almost
format on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. No need to convert files! Infuse
for iOS 12, with powerful streaming options, Trakt sync, and unmatched
subtitle support. Gorgeous interface. Precise controls. And silky-smooth
* PLAY MORE VIDEO TYPES: A powerful video player that plays just about
anything, including the standard MP4, M4V and MOV – plus MKV, AVI, WMV,
MTS, ISO, VIDEO_TS, FLV, OGM, OGV, ASF, 3GP, DVR-MS, WebM, and WTV.
Includes fully certified DolbyR Digital Plus (AC3/E-AC3), DTSR and DTS-HDR
* STREAM FROM OTHER DEVICES: Browse and play videos stored on your
PC, NAS, Wi-Fi hard drive, UPnP/DLNA apps like Plex and Kodi (XBMC), or from
cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive – no syncing
* AIRPLAY & GOOGLE CAST OPTIONS: Stream a wide variety of videos types
as MKV, MP4, M4V, and others over AirPlay & Google Cast with full surround
sound and subtitles.
* TRAKT 2-WAY SYNC: Connect with Trakt to sync watched history, submit
and post comments.
* OPTIMIZED SUBTITLES POWERED BY OPENSUBTITLES: Bring your own
or download them on the fly (for free) in virtually any language.
Current Version: 6.1.4 (July 31, 2019)
Read Infuse 6’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Infuse 6’s App Store page
5. My Hurricane Tracker Pro
My Hurricane Tracker Pro gives you the most comprehensive tools for tracking
tornados, cyclones, tropical storms and weather warnings available. In a
interface, you won’t be overwhelmed with cluttered screens like you might
apps. We give you exactly what you need in an easy to understand way.
* Interactive tracking maps for each hurricane.
* NOAA forecast map & storm satellite imagery where available!
* Historic search of previous storms from 1851 (or 1949 for Pacific).
* Receive weather warnings from the National Weather Service.
* Push notifications for weather warnings or new storm formations!
* Radar, satellite and sea temperature images automatically updated in
* See an outlook for the next 5 days from the NOAA.
* Track specific hurricanes and receive notifications every time they
just by pressing the “+” button!
* Apple Watch support!
Current Version: 1.9.9 (July 16, 2019)
Read My Hurricane Tracker Pro’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more
Visit My Hurricane Tracker Pro’s App Store page
6. Welcome by Neatebox
Do you feel that society has disabled you and hinders you from receiving the
customer service you would like?
“Welcome” by Neatebox aims to redress this balance and provides you with an
communication tool which can help customer service teams give you with the
Simply download the free app, input your details, specify your needs and
plan your first
Please request any venues you would like to see included and remember there
strength in numbers so invite your friends and request together for greater
Current Version: 1.9.0 (July 24, 2019)
Read Welcome by Neatebox’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Welcome by Neatebox’s App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at: