Each month I will be responding to a question; chosen from a pool of some of
the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and
continue to be asked.
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to make trainers more aware
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and
external costs and here’s how.
For this particular topic, I am going to suggest that we look at teamwork.
That is, a combination of student and trainer and it should all start with
the student ensuring that they identify their special need to the trainer
before they decide to take a course.
Here are some points to get you started.
1. The student should be strongly encouraged to communicate before hand with
the perspective trainer or the person in charge of managing a course.
2. It does not really matter what type of course it is; anything from yoga
to math! This is the process that is highly reccommended.
3. the Trainer and student should be given every opportunity to hold
opendiscussions with the student clearly identifying their needs and the
trainer describing the content of said course.
4. The trainer should not be embarrassed to ask any type of question and
should be encouraged to ask, probe, and suggest along the way.
5. The student should not be embarrassed to tell the trainer what they would
need in order to complete the course. IE, text formats, best position in
the class to be seated, assistance with exams, help with online facilities,
and so on.
6. Open discussion between trainer and student is always reccommended
because it fosters good and cordial communication and it helps to iron out
any kinks and uncertainties!
Of course, there is always more but this should be a good start.