Each month I will be responding to a question; chosen from a pool of some of
the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and
continue to be asked.
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to make spas more accessible
By Donna J. Jodhan
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and
external costs and here’s how.
With more and more retirees, seniors, and persons with special needs making
use of the services of spas, it may be a great time for us to give you some
of our tips so here goes.
1. Make sure that your facilities are easy to navigate. That is, not too
many steps if you can accomplish this.
2. More ramps.
3. Signs on doors that easy to read and identify.
4. Wider doorways to accommodate walkers and wheelchairs.
5. Counters and surface areas that are easier to reach.
6. Dining rooms with wider aisles between tables.
7. Well trained staff that can confidently and easily communicate with
persons with special needs.
This should be a good start but this list is by no means complete.