If you are in the market for something to help you save time while at the
same time pop a problem; then you have come to the right place.
Below, you will find something to help you just do that and if you would
like to learn more then visit us at www.donnajodhan.com/takeanother5.html
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter!
‘Let’s Talk Tips’ is my monthly resource for the most current and reliable
informational tips available in the areas of Technology, Nutrition, Media,
Business, and Advocacy.
Follow us on Twitter @accessibleworld and like us on facebook at
Welcome to the March 2019 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly series
which aims to highlight what’s new and noteworthy on the AppleVis website.
Below, you’ll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by
members of the community – from new app entries, to app updates, to the
latest news and podcasts. For easier navigation, the major sections of this
post are at heading level 3, and each individual item is at heading level 4.
…. New and Noteworthy App Entries
1. Actions by Moleskine (iOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
Keep on top of everything in your head, whether it’s movies to watch or
the details of your next big project. Designed for busy people who live by
making lists to stay on track at work and home, the digital card based
design is a clutter-free way to visualise everything that needs doing.
Collect your thoughts in a calm interface with simple natural language like
“Water the plants every Saturday” then let Actions take care of
reminding you automatically.
* Create Action Cards to note things you do not want to forget.
* Type naturally like “Post status report every second Friday” and
Actions takes care of the scheduling, reminders and notifications.
* Drag and drop your Action Cards into custom Lists to organise them
* Colour code each list to further personalise your productivity system
* Use the Schedule to see all of the Actions coming up
* Swipe on Action Cards to complete them, delete them and set reminders.
* Add free-form notes to Action Cards for extra details like phone numbers
* Get push notifications, you can quickly choose reminders for the Morning,
Afternoon, Evening or custom times
* Create repeating actions with advanced rules like “Call Sam every
second Tuesday in June”
* Automatically and securely sync all of your Actions to the cloud
* To keep your lists manageable, Actions will automatically suggest Action
Cards that should be rescheduled or deleted
* Use the iOS Share extension to bring lists from other apps into Actions
* Use Siri to manage your actions for hands-free productivity!
Actions is a sophisticated app for getting things done, but it’s even more
powerful if you have Timepage. With Timepage installed, your calendar events
will automatically appear in the Schedule screen in Actions so you can see
everything in context. In Timepage, you can see scheduled actions alongside
your events. Master your calendar events and your to-dos with the ultimate
productivity app duo!
Current Version: 1.5.4 (March 25, 2019)
Read Actions by Moleskine’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more
Visit Actions by Moleskine’s App Store page
2. Cardhop (iOS, US$3.99)
Until now, managing and interacting with your contacts has been a real
frustration. Cardhop’s magical parsing engine is incredibly intuitive,
letting you search, add, edit, and interact with your contacts using a
Just type in “John G” and John’s card will instantly appear. Or enter “Sarah
Smith email@example.com” and Cardhop will add a new contact to Sarah’s
card. Or type in “call Michael S” and Cardhop will instantly start a phone
SEARCH, ADD, EDIT, AND INTERACT WITH YOUR CONTACTS LIKE NEVER BEFORE
* Tap on the Cardhop search field
* Type in the details for your contact
* That’s it!
* A beautiful and simple contacts app, designed exclusively for your iPhone
* Instantly works with your existing iOS contacts, there’s nothing to
* Groups: quickly toggle contact groups with a tap
* Notes: a convenient and powerful way to add notes to your contacts,
helping you to strengthen your relationships
* Recents: quickly interact with your recent contacts
* Birthdays: receive birthday notifications, instantly see upcoming
birthdays, and easily send a wish on their special day
* iOS widget to quickly access your favorite contacts
* Siri Shortcuts
* Full accessibility and VoiceOver support
* Dark and light themes
* And much, much more!
* Quickly interact with your contacts with the following actions: Call,
Copy, Directions, Email, FaceTime, FaceTime Audio, Facebook Messenger,
Large Type, Message, Skype, Telegram, Twitter, URL, Viber, and VoIP
* Simply enter an action or abbreviation (which you’ll find in the Help
Book by entering “?” or “help”) followed by your contact’s name and
Cardhop will handle the rest
* Even better, some actions are flexible. For example, you can add a
subject to an email by entering “email Kent Lunch tomorrow?” and the
email including the subject will instantly appear, ready to go!
* Customizable quick actions are also available per contact, allowing for
Cardhop — the contacts app you’ll actually want to use.
Current Version: 1.0.1 (March 30, 2019)
Read Cardhop’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Cardhop’s App Store page
Read about the Mac version of Cardhop on AppleVis.
3. Sofa: Downtime Organizer (iOS, Free)
ORGANIZE YOUR DOWNTIME
Create lists of books, movies, tv shows, podcasts, music albums, and
games to enjoy later.
MORE ORGANIZED THAN YOUR NOTES APP
Keeping lists in a notes app can become an incoherent mess. Sofa’s
organization brings sanity and flexibility to how you spend your downtime.
Keep your movies, books, podcasts, & more tidy
Group your lists into sections for even more organization
A history of what you watched, read, & listened to
ADD THINGS FOR LATER
You can come across an interesting book or movie at random times. Sofa is
designed for these moments. Capture what interests you in seconds.
With Lists and Sections, organizing your downtime items is
straightforward. No more messy notes app to deal with.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
See a history of what you’ve watched, read, and listened to.
THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF DETAIL
Get the synopsis of a book or release date for a movie. The right amount
of detail, and nothing more.
IT’S OK TO TAKE A BREAK
It’s not uncommon for work to dominate your life. Unfortunately, this
happens at the expense of your personal life. There is a very real feeling
of guilt that comes along with taking breaks. You feel like you should be
working every chance you get. It doesn’t have to be this way.
It’s ok to take a break. It’s ok to work 8 hours or less per day. It’s
ok to read a book instead of emails. It’s ok to go for a hike instead of
working on Saturday. Work isn’t everything. Be serious about your
Current Version: 2.7.1 (January 17, 2019)
Read Sofa: Downtime Organizer’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more
Visit Sofa: Downtime Organizer’s App Store page
4. Speecap (iOS, Free)
Speecap is a high-quality voice recorder. Speecap automatically detects and
eliminates background hissing noise while recording. No need of expensive
professional microphone. Easily make clean speech recordings with any cheap
* Automatic hissing noise cancellation
* Sound monitoring while recording
* Recording and playback in the background
* Share your recordings using Airdrop or cloud apps
* iTunes file sharing
* Slide Over and Split View
* Dynamic Type
Current Version: 1.7 (August 12, 2018)
Read Speecap’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Speecap’s App Store page
5. Voice Dream Scanner (iOS, US$5.99)
Scan paper documents with the camera and recognize text. Listen using
built-in text-to-speech. Save and export. Unlimited use: no subscriptions or
State-of-the-art A.I. for OCR and text recognition: Fast and accurate, even
in poor lighting conditions. Works entirely on device: No need for internet
and your data stays private.
Export scans as plain text or PDF with embedded text to another app, or save
them on your local device, iCloud, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Works with Voice Dream Reader, our full-featured text-to-speech reader.
After downloading this app, you will be able access the scanner directly
from Reader and add scanned documents to your Reader library.
* Automatic detection of document edges for stretching and cropping
* Automatic detection of document orientation and auto rotate
* Automatic language detection
* Automatic image enhancement
* Batch mode for scanning multiple pages quickly
* Spoken words are highlighted in the text or the image
* Select text-to-speech voice and change speed
* Uses premium voices purchased in Voice Dream Reader
* Only languages using Latin alphabets are supported. It works all language
supported by Voice Dream Reader except: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese,
Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
Current Version: 1.0 (March 31, 2019)
Read Voice Dream Scanner’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Voice Dream Scanner’s App Store page
6. WaterMinder® (iOS, US$4.99)
Get help with WaterMinder®, an easy, intuitive app to track your water
intake. Based on your body weight (or your personal goal), WaterMinder®
will remind you to drink water to reach your daily goals. By seeing current
water fill visually and in percents you will instantly know how well you are
Keeping track of your daily water intake needs and making sure your body is
well hydrated is not an easy task in todays busy world. Let WaterMinder®
* Apple Watch app
* Today Widget
* iMessage Stickers
* Clean visual view of your current water fill
* Simple, quick and easy to use interface (just tap on 1 icon and a menu
opens with your options to log/track your water intake)
* Pre-defined cups for quick tracking
* Create custom cups (size, icon, color, drink type)
* Create unlimited custom reminders
* History and Graph, see your progress
* US oz, UK oz, L and ML units
* Earn and Share your Achievements
* Free guide to drinking water
Stay healthy, and drink more water – hydrate yourself!
Current Version: 3.7.8 (January 28, 2019)
Read WaterMinder®’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit WaterMinder®’s App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple TV http://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=apple_tv_app_directory