Each month I will be responding to a question; chosen from a pool of some of
the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and
continue to be asked.
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to make apps more accessible
I do not think that when it comes to making apps more accessible, there is
really any magical solution. The trick of the trade may very well lie in
making super simple. In other words, the keep it super simple approach or
the KISS approach.
So based on this principle, here are a few suggestions to get you started.
* Do not try to have too many tabs or headings on your introductory screen.
* Make sure that the names of your tabs clearly indicate or describe the
function of each.
* Not a bad idea to have some sort of introductory section that clearly
describes what your app is all about.
* As they say, mean what you say and say what you mean.
* Keep your language simple and easy to read.
This should be a good start for you.