Ah yes! Some very useful tips for you to read about.
The Sterling Creations team
Did you know;
50 Uses For Vinegar
1. Kill grass on walks and driveways.
2. Kill weeds. Spray full strength on growth until plants have starved
3. Increase soil acidity. In hard water: one gallon of tap water
for watering rhododendrons, gardenias, or azaleas.
4. Deter ants. Spray vinegar around doors, appliances, and along
other places where ants are known.
5. Polish car chrome. Apply full strength.
6. Remove skunk odor from a dog. Rub fur with full strength vinegar;
Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on areas you don’t want the cat
walking, sleeping, or scratching on.
8. Keep dogs from scratching his ears. Use a clean, soft cloth
dipped in diluted vinegar.
9. Keep chickens from pecking each other. Put a little in their
10. Tenderize meat. Soak in vinegar over night.
11. Freshen vegetables. Soak wilted vegetables in 2 cups of water
and a tablespoon of vinegar.
12. Boil better eggs. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar to water before boiling
Keeps them from cracking.
13. Soothe a bee or jellyfish sting. Dot the irritation with
vinegar and relieve itching.
14. Relieve sunburn. Lightly rub white vinegar; you may have to reapply.
15. Condition hair. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to dissolve sticky
residue left by shampoo.
16. Relieve dry and itchy skin. Add 2 tablespoons to bath water.
17. Fight dandruff. After shampooing, rinse with vinegar and 2 cups
of warm water.
18. Soothe a sore throat. Put a teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water.
Gargle, then swallow.
19. Treat sinus infections and chest colds. Add 1/4 cup or more
vinegar to the vaporizer.
20. Feel good. A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of
water, with a bit of honey added for flavor, will take the edge off
your appetite and give
you an overall healthy feeling.
21. Deodorize the kitchen drain. Pour a cup down the drain once a week.
Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
22. Eliminate onion odor. Rub on your fingers before and after slicing.
23. Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards. Wipe with full strength
24. Remove fruit stains from hands. Rub with vinegar.
25. Cut grease and odor on dishes. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to
hot soapy water.
26. Clean a teapot. Boil a mixture of water and vinegar in the teapot.
Wipe away the grime.
27. Freshen a lunchbox. Soak a piece of bread in vinegar and let it
sit in the lunchbox over night.
28. Clean the refrigerator. Wash with a solution of equal parts
water and vinegar.
29. Unclog a drain. Pour a handful of baking soda down the drain and add
1/2 cup of vinegar. Rinse with hot water.
30. Clean and deodorize the garbage disposal. Make vinegar ice
cubes and feed them down the disposal. After grinding, run cold water
31. Clean and deodorize jars. Rinse mayonnaise, peanut butter, and
mustard jars with vinegar when empty.
32. Clean the dishwasher. Run a cup of vinegar through the whole
cycle once a month to reduce soap build up on the inner mechanisms
and on glassware.
33. Clean stainless steel. Wipe with a vinegar dampened cloth.
34. Clean china and fine glassware. Add a cup of vinegar to a sink
of warm water. Gently dip the glass or china in the solution and let dry.
35. Get stains out of pots. Fill pot with a solution of 3
tablespoons of vinegar to a pint of water. Boil until stain loosens
and can be washed away.
36. Clean the microwave. Boil a solution of 1/4 cup of vinegar and
1 cup of water in the microwave. Will loosen splattered on food and
37. Dissolve rust from bolts and other metals. Soak in full strength
38. Get rid of cooking smells. Let simmer a small pot of vinegar
and water solution.
39. Unclog steam iron. Pour equal amounts of vinegar and water into
the iron’s water chamber. Turn to steam and leave the iron on for 5
minutes in an
upright position. Then unplug and allow to cool.
Any loose particles should come out when you empty the water.
40. Clean a scorched iron plate. Heat equal parts vinegar and salt
in a small pan. Rub solution on the cooled iron surface to remove
dark or burned stains.
41. Get rid of lint in clothes. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
42. Keep colors from running. Immerse clothes in full strength
vinegar before washing.
43. Freshen up the washing machine. Periodically, pour a cup of
vinegar in the machine and let in run through a regular cycle no
Will dissolve soap residue.
44. Brighten fabric colors. Add a 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse cycle.
45. Take grease off suede. Dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently
brush over grease spot.
46. Remove tough stains. Gently rub on fruit, jam, mustard, coffee, tea.
Then wash as usual.
47. Get smoke smell out of clothes. Add a cup of vinegar to a bath
tub of hot water. Hang clothes above the steam.
48. Remove decals. Brush with a couple coats of vinegar. Allow to soak
49. Clean eyeglasses. Wipe each lens with a drop of vinegar.
50. Freshen cut flowers. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon
sugar to flower water.